Monday 10 September 2012

Dating Sites: The Ones That Have A Go.

Online dating sites are addicting. I'm obsessed with it, and I've only been active on it for about 12 hours. It's nice how many people have emailed, or said YES on the Meet Me page, but at the moment I'm not really responding. I need to sort out what I'm actually on there for, other than to categorise people.

I am only emailing this one lad. Hes cute. I must be careful :) Oh! And he's just this second emailed me back.

See!! Addicting!

Back to the purpose of this entry.

You might have seen in previous posts, that I have found different categories of guys on this dating site. I'm not saying these are the be all and end all of all the personalities on there, just to be clear. It's more based on first impressions than anything.

Today...

The Blatantly Have Made An Effort guys AKA Seemingly genuine guys.

The previous posts have basically had a go at the lads that put pictures of their buff body parts as their display picture, and have had terrible headlines. So these are the guys that seem to just do it right.

Their picture is a smiley webcam one, with no poses to make themselves seem cooler, or even group photographs out with friends. These are nice, and not to be underestimated. A picture surrounded by friends says a lot. It says your comfortable enough with your appearance and it shows friends are important to you. Personally, this is a big deal. I wouldn't like a guy to ditch his friends to spend time with me, because I would be expected to return the favour. That's just not something I'm cool with. 

The headlines tend to be well thought out. A cheeky joke that doesn't insult anyone in any way, and doesn't fail to make you smile. Spelling and grammar are correct. This sounds pedantic, but really, you're trying to sell yourself, in what is basically an advert. If you can't be bothered taking the time to correct a few mistakes, I can't be bothered sending you a message.

A simple picture of you being yourself, with a nice, well thought out line that gives out a little bit of personality, goes a long way.

And, I guessing, they get the most responses?

Grammar nerds are everywhere, and there are more of us than you realise :)

Agree? Disagree?

Please A/D/E/P Agree/ Disagree/Explain/Post in the comments.

No comments: